Congratulations to our newly elected officers, including some returning officers. Please see the Board Members Page for a list of the new AAPALM officers.
WELCOME TO THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS IN LEGAL MEDICINE (AAPA-LM) WEBISTE.
AAPA-LM is a special interest group within the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) and is open to all AAPA members. Through this website and our academy, we hope to offer information, education and resources to our profession, and to the legal and medical communities. See our Mission Statement Page.
1) NEW ONLINE COURSE FOR MEDICAL-LEGAL EXPERTS
2) NEW SUMMER AAPALM NEWSLETTER!
3) PRESIDENT-ELECT NICHOLSON HAS A NEW PUBLICATION
4) UPDATE YOUR DIRECTORY INFORMATION
The first ever public Medical Provider Legal Consultant (MPLC) course has been developed by our very own AAPALM Board Member, Jim Burkett at A.T. Still University. It will start on March 7th and run thru April 22nd.
2) AAPALM INTENDS TO PUBLISH FOUR NEWSLETTERS PER YEAR. THE NEW LATE SUMMER 2016 NEWSLETTER HAS BEEN EMAILED TO ALL CURRENT MEMBERS. YOU CAN SEE AND DOWNLOAD IT IN THE MEMBERS SECTION ALONG WITH ALL PREVIOUS EDITIONS. THANK YOU TO SHERRY MARTIN, D.Sc., PA-C, OUR NEWSLETTER EDITOR AND TO THE EDITORIAL BOARD. IF ANY MEMBER WISHES TO CONTRIBUTE AN ARTICLE, PLEASE EMAIL SHERRY AT NewsletterEditor@aapalm.org
3) PRESIDENT-ELECT JEFF NICHOLSON, PhD, PA-C, HAS A NEW RESEARCH ARTICLE PUBLISHED. In the July 30, 2016, issue of Medical Care Research and Review, Jeff Nicholson along with PA Researcher emeritus Rod Hooker and Douglas Brock have new research comparing the malpractice incidence and medical board disciplinary actions of PAs to that of physicians and nurse practitioners over the past ten years. This update’s Nicholson’s published landmark dissertation study (2009) comparing the same during the first 17 years of the National Practitioner Data Bank from 1990-2007. Both study’s indicate that PAs and NPs are sued and disciplined much less frequently than our physician colleagues. CLICK HERE FOR NEW STUDY: Brock-Nicholson-Hooker Malpractice Trends CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL 2009 LANDMARK STUDY: Nicholson – Hooker 2009 Article These articles have also been added to the Resources section of the website.
4) WHEN MEMBERS LOGIN, THEY WILL SEE THEIR BASIC DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION. PLEASE UPDATE AS NEEDED. ALSO PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR MEMBER PROFILE FOR THE PA EXPERT DIRECTORY: GO TO THE TOP RIGHT MENU AND CHOOSE : “INPUT MEMBER PROFILE” THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT ITEMS.